First Romney Campaign Ad Promises Tax Cuts For The Rich On “Day One”
by Gary Reber
On TheRawStory.com, Agence France-Presse on May 18, 2012 writes about the Romney Campaign’s first political ad.
“Republican Mitt Romney unveiled Friday, May 18, 2012 his first TV ad focused on the general election campaign, saying he’d repeal President Barack Obama’s health care law, cut taxes and approve a key oil pipeline.
The 30-second, upbeat advertisement is the Romney campaign’s first since he became the presumptive Republican nominee in the battle to oust Obama in November, and it is accompanied by a fundraising pitch.”
Called “Day One,” the ad begins with a voiceover asking “What would a Romney presidency be like?”
“Day one, President Romney immediately approves the Keystone pipeline, creating thousands of jobs that Obama blocked,” the announcer says, referring to a multibillion-dollar oil pipeline linking Canada and the United States whose first proposal was rejected over environmental concerns.
“President Romney introduces tax cuts and reforms that reward job creators, not punish them,” the announcer adds. “President Romney issues order to begin replacing ‘Obamacare’ with commonsense health care reform.”
Such thinking will continue to take America nowhere but result in further unjust income inequality and concentrated private ownership of productive capital assets among the already rich top 1 percent, leaving the poorest 99 percent of citizens weakened economically and dependent on government “make-work” and welfare, open and concealed.
The ONLY way out of the deepening, yet to be acknowledged and experienced, catastrophic system collapse is to embrace policies and programs, including tax incentives, that in the long-run will put us on a path to prosperity, opportunity, and economic justice through results that broaden private, individual ownership of future productive capital assets to be “created and employed” by our business corporations in the production of real wealth –– consumable products and services. The result will be to strengthen individuals and empower ALL Americans to acquire over time viable income-producing productive capital assets paid for out of the future earnings (future savings) of the investments. This will result in less government responsibility for the health and prosperity of the economy through coerced trickle-down; in other words, through redistribution achieved by the rigging of labor prices, by taxation and debt borrowing to support redistribution and job “creation,” or subsidization by inflation and by all kinds of welfare, open and concealed.
As Perma Bear (http://www.facebook.com/perma.bear) concludes:
“I was also outraged by this. Romney is following the script of just about every single Republican presidential candidate since Reagan. It doesn’t matter what the economic circumstances. It doesn’t matter what the amount of debt. It doesn’t matter that government revenues are running near 60 year lows. These guys always propose tax cuts every single election. I am so sick and tired of it.”